Lady Gaga's "Applause"

As we already know from Lady Gaga herself, David Bowie is one of her influences.  With her new single "Applause", all I see and hear is David Bowie.  First the picture of her with the smeared clown make-up reminds me of Bowie's "Ashes to Ashes" song.


Lady Gaga - Applause (Official Music Video) - YouTube


Copyright: https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiusZZDbIoiQi5p9sEkrp_gI5AzZsYlCDXsQfp4x0cbjDSn-T5Dj7fnTt_t78C3C9AEIgOLmbb_o2L0sT33bcIznJJJISxu7e0kiHbKOqFVfMMHd4owqVI0n9wm9Z9cpkdEImVvsAXtksQ/s320/ashes_bowie.jpg




Then in the first stanza of Lady Gaga's song, the intonation of her voice is very much like the intonation Bowie used in his album "Hours."  I'm not a fan of Lady Gaga, but I do like a few of her songs like "Bad Romance" because it was different.  The concept of "Applause" just reminds me of Bowie's song "Fame."  She is using too many Bowie elements so that she is not influenced by him, but copying.

Comments

Unknown said…
I agree, no creativity here. Only formulated stuff. It's lovely to see that you have done your homework on Bowie. Great Blog my friend
The Red Wolf said…
Thank you! I think I'm obsessed with Bowie :)

Popular posts from this blog

Still Scratching My Head After Reading The Clockmaker's Daughter

Take a Road Trip through Ireland with Love & Luck by Jenna Evans Welch

The Enchanting Tale of the House of Salt and Sorrows